World Mental Health Day is October 10th every year. This is a day where we should all raise awareness on mental health issues and ultimately give our support to all those suffering. Share on social media or whatever platform you may use. Let these people know who struggle with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, OCD, PTSD, and other mental disorders that they have our full support. You are never alone. There is always hope. It is okay not to be okay. Trust me, it gets better. Throughout this article, I will suggest to you some World Mental Health Day activities and World Mental Health Day ideas. Of course, mental health day should be everyday since mental health is an ongoing issue day to day. But obviously, we can’t make World Mental Health Day everyday.
On this day, we also try to answer the question of what needs to be done in order to allow the accessibility of mental health care worldwide. Everyone should have access to mental health care including counselling, seeing a psychiatrist, and seeing a doctor. I personally would also like to stress natural remedies. That is our benefit here as human beings. We are natural machines that are constantly ready to uptake natural remedies. This means exercise, healthy dieting, natural supplementation, and opening up to anyone.
- Read my article here on the best exercises for depression.
- Read my article here on the best natural supplements/vitamins for depression.
- Read my article here on the best foods for depression.
If you do not have access to professional mental help such as seeing a doctor, psychiatrist, or any type of counselling, then I urge you to take advantages of the natural remedies you can use to beat your depression. Even if you do have access to these things and can easily get antidepressants, please try natural remedies first. They do work! Nothing is beat over night. It takes time but you will get there.
Here is my number one recommended natural supplement/vitamin and our best seller: 5-HTP. Read my full review on it here. I take my 5-HTP three times everyday (during breakfast, lunch, and dinner). It gives me a serotonin boost, thereby elevating my mood and giving me the emotional well-being I need.
This then allows me to be motivated, satisfied, and elevated. I can easily get daily tasks done and even accomplish more than I want to. I encourage you to give it a try. It has many similar properties to antidepressants. Antidepressants come with many side effects and 5-HTP, being a natural vitamin does not.
World Mental Health Day Activities/World Mental Health Day Ideas:
- Let your friends know you are always there for them. Let your family know you are always there for them. Extend the love everywhere. Make people feel like they are appreciated and valued.
- Share mental health awareness everywhere on social media! Twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest, you name it! Share this post even!
- Reach out to someone you haven’t spoken to in a while and someone you are on good terms with. Just say “hi, how are you doing” if you don’t know where to start. This can go along way.
- Eat healthy. Yes, so simple. Just do it. Bad eating habits and poor dieting actually contribute to many mental disorders if you realize it or not.
- Get together with friends or family. This should be a day like any holiday where your friends and family meet up. You don’t have to be celebrating anything. Celebrate each other. You have all come so far and deserve a nice, fun break.
- Be you. Of course, you should be you everyday. But today (October 10th), really think of who you are and what you want. Are you going after what you love to do? What needs to be changed in your life to make it more you? Let no one get in the way. Always be you. Make necessary changes today!
- Exercise. Again, simple and just do it! Even if it is just a 15 minute walk around the block with your dog. Again, lack of exercise actually leads to many mental disorders much like poor dieting does.
- Create a journal. Discuss whatever you want. Maybe discuss your own mental health situation. What is your mental health like? Could it be better? What should you do to make it better?
- Relax. Relax. Relax. Ease your mind and stray away from negativity. Filter your mind with soothing thoughts and do your best to filter our negative impulses. Go to your happy place. Think of good times and memories.
- Plan your next trip or vacation. You deserve a break. When is the last time you ventured off to somewhere tropical, forestry, ancient, or exploratory? It is so nice to get away and a trip really elevates your mood by taking you away from reality for a little while.
- Be kind. Everyone is going through something you may know nothing about. A smile can hide everything.
- Remember that it is okay not to be okay. This is the whole point of World Mental Health Day. We must recognize the severity of these mental illnesses such as depression. They kill and are diseases that need respect, attention, and awareness. There is definitely a stigma out there revolving around mental health and together, we can get past it!
There is always hope and you are never alone. Remember this. If you are at your lowest low, then realize that it is only going up from there. If you would like to hear my recommendation: start with something natural like 5-HTP. It will give you the boost you need to implement happy change into your life!
But always, spread awareness on mental health. Everyone is going through a battle you may know nothing about. Ever want to connect, comment below and I will be happy to reach out to you. I’ve had many years experience with mental health issues such as depression and anxiety and can guide you through it if need be.