I am glad you stumbled on this article. If you have depression or you don’t, it is important to know the best depression medication. We could all benefit from this information by spreading awareness on the top depression treatments.
In this article, I will give you the run down of each medication. No I am not talking about prescribed medication or antidepressants. If you are looking for that, then you must see a doctor as they can only prescribe you that medication since those drugs can be classified as very powerful or dangerous.
I will be talking about over-the-counter drugs (OTC) that are in the form of natural supplements/vitamins. You have easy accessibility to these natural medications because they are extremely safe and beneficial. I will recommend the 5 best depression medications. These are truly the 5 best natural supplements you can take to help beat your depression.
In fact, I do take these and have been for a while now. They come with very limited side effects if not any and prove to be extremely beneficial. In my personal experience with depression, they can be considered as effective as antidepressants.
So here are the top depression treatments in the form of natural medication where you can easily purchase online for the best available prices (links are in the title). I list the 5 best ones below.
I honestly recommend all of them. I take all of these specific ones and they are relatively inexpensive and work great together. If you are looking for one main depression supplement as your safe haven, then I would recommend 5-HTP. I started taking that supplement first out of the others and found it worked great.
5 Best Depression Medications:
- This natural supplement/vitamin works by increasing the level of serotonin (happy chemical) in your brain. I take my 5-HTP three times daily, one during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I noticed also that the side effects are very limited. In fact, I did not have any. The time it took to start working was around one week. These are huge comparisons when talking about prescribed medication or antidepressants. With those, you may not find the right fit for a while, leaving you with nasty side effects for weeks or months.
- I think 5-HTP works for everyone. It has plenty of beneficial reviews and my only regret was that I wish I had jumped on it earlier. 5-HTP is extremely safe to take as it is a natural supplement. It is extremely difficult to overdose on it. In fact, taking too much will work the same as taking the right amount, so there is no point of taking extra. Follow the dosage guidelines. I would recommend 200-500 mg a day.
- You can also read my full review on 5-HTP.
- Rated 4.5 starts on Amazon.
- I take this for my depression and anxiety. I notice that depression and anxiety go hand in hand very often. Sometimes I find that when my depression is relieved, my anxiety will kick in or vice versa. I then researched a natural supplement that helps with anxiety. I came across GABA and saw plenty of great reviews so I gave it a shot. It worked great.
- GABA is a natural vitamin that helps to calm the central nervous system, thereby giving you a calm, relaxed effect. This definitely helps with anxiety as it will calm your heart rate and put you in a soothing state. It also helps with chronic pain and epilepsy. Personally, I think this is the best supplement for anxiety and again wish I had jumped on it earlier.
- GABA is also extremely safe to take much like 5-HTP. It comes with very little side effects. I did not notice any actually. Again, like 5-HTP, it is pointless to take too much as your central nervous system will calm to the most effective state. Taking too much or the right amount will have the same effect.
- I find by taking GABA, I am in a very relaxed mood. My worries, tension, and anxiety seem to disappear, allowing me to be more social and get things done during the day.
- You can read my full review on GABA.
- Rated 4.5 starts on Amazon.
- This is an all-around supplement I take. I take turmeric for my physical and mental health. There are numerous benefits associated with consuming turmeric supplements. These include the prevention of heart disease, depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, brain disease, cancer, and delayed aging, increasing your life span. Essentially, turmeric is a very strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Oxidation and inflammation are huge factors of disease development, both mentally and physically.
- I take my turmeric supplement everyday and have actually got my mom and dad to do the same because of the benefits. We all noticed great improvements. My mom has bad arthritis and has had difficulty finding treatment for it. I recommended turmeric and she loves it.
- Nonetheless, this supplement will help you with your depression if that is what you are looking for. It is more of an all-around supplement kind of like a natural athlete, good at all sports. I will likely never stop taking this. It is extremely safe and you may not know, but turmeric is the natural ingredient found in curry and many Asian foods. However, it is difficult to consume the level of turmeric you need through foods, which is why I consume my turmeric supplements.
- You can read my full review on turmeric.
- Rated 4.5 stars with over 8000 customer reviews on Amazon.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Omega-3s are considered fatty acids, meaning the body cannot make them directly, which is why we have to consume them through our diet or by supplementation. Common foods that contain a good level of Omega-3s are fish groups such as salmon, sardines, or mackerel. I take my Omega-3 in the natural supplement form. I actually do eat a lot of fish, but I take my Omega-3 supplements everyday to make sure I am getting the plentiful amount I need.
- Much like turmeric, Omega-3s have many benefits associated with us both mentally and physically. You cannot go wrong with taking Omega-3s. Benefits include preventing heart disease and cardiovascular issues, treating arthritis by loosening stiffness and joint pain, reduction of depression symptoms, and protection against dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- I take my Omega-3 daily and find it works tremendously. Omega-3 is extremely safe and you would have to consume A LOT of it to experience side effects. Again, I won’t stop taking this supplement until the day I die. So many benefits. Everyone should take this.
- You can read my full review on Omega-3.
- Rated 4.5 stars and over 1000 reviews on Amazon.
- Essential Vitamins
- Lastly, consume your vitamins everyone. A,B,C,D are all important for the many different reasons. You can of course attain your vitamin levels through food groups or natural processes such as sunlight, but again to ensure myself that I am getting the right levels, I take supplements. I currently take Vitamin B. For depression, I would definitely recommend this vitamin as your top essential vitamin out of the others (A,C,D). Vitamin B deficiency can be linked to mental conditions such as depression.
- I currently consume Vitamin B supplements and try to attain my other vitamins through food groups such as leafy greens, whole grains, dairy, and meat.
- Nonetheless, all vitamins are important for different reasons. However, if I had to stress one for your mental health, I would recommend Vitamin B.
- Benefits of Vitamin B include increase energy levels, brain power, reduction of depression symptoms, and prevention of heart disease.
- Rated 4.5 stars on Amazon.
There you go. Those are the top depression treatments and the best depression medication that is natural. Again, I recommend all of them as I do take all of them. However, my top recommendation solely for depression is 5-HTP. The links are in the titles that will take you directly to Amazon with the most efficient price available and to the one I specifically take.
If you are unsure about dosage and want to follow along with me, then I encourage you to get the products I have listed here and follow along with my dosage.
- 5-HTP (3 capsules per day)
- GABA (1-2 capsule per day)
- Omega-3 (1-2 capsule per day)
- Turmeric (1 capsule per day)
- Vitamins (B) (1 capsule per day)
I hope this information has helped and if you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment below.